When animals make a home in your attic, the cleanup can be a huge hassle. Rodents and other wildlife can wreak havoc on a space, leaving feces, debris, damage, and other problems in their wake.
If these animals made a mess of your attic, here are the first few steps you need to take after eradicating the animals in order to make the area safe and clean.
- Put on some gloves before you start the process. Animal feces and urine, especially from rodents, can contain dangerous diseases, so you should never start cleaning a space with your bare hands.
- Take a disinfectant and spray it across the area with droppings and urine. Then, wait for at least five minutes. This will help deal with germs the animals may have left behind. After, you can pick the droppings up with a paper towel.
- Start cleaning the areas where the animals frequently nested or moved. In general, this will be behind furniture, along walls, and in places that are difficult to get to.
- Remove any animal bodies or nests that remain. It’s best to soak these in disinfectant for a while as well, before moving them to a sealed trash bag.
- Wash the entire area with soapy water. The more thorough you are in your cleaning, the safer the attic will be. Plus, the lack of debris will discourage other animals from claiming the space in the future.
- Take whatever clothes you are wearing and wash them. Make sure to use hot water and detergent to eliminate any bacteria that may stick to the clothes.
If all of this sounds too complicated and tedious to handle on your own, consider calling in a professional company like Trapping USA for decontamination services. The animal removal company will efficiently deal with the aftermath of a rodent infestation and help get your house back in order. They service residential and commercial properties in the Dallas and Houston areas, so contact Trapping USA today to schedule an appointment. Call 469-481-6552 (Dallas) or 1-832-474-7755 (Houston). You can also visit https://www.trappingusa.com/ to learn more.Back To Blog