For most people, the thought of stumbling across a snake inside their home is a total nightmare, but here in Texas, it’s often a reality. Several different kinds of snakes are native to the Dallas and Houston areas, and they’re not afraid to wriggle their way inside your house every now and then.
If you do spot a slithery creature somewhere in your home, don’t panic: here are the steps you should take to safely remove the snake from inside.
- Don’t touch it. Picking the snake up or even toeing it with your shoe is a terrible idea, especially if the reptile could be venomous. Keep a safe distance from the snake and leave it alone to ensure that no one gets bitten.
- Try to identify what kind of snake it is by researching online. This will help you determine how dangerous it is and what further steps need to be taken.
- Block the snake from moving further into the house. You don’t want this creature loose inside your walls or hiding under beds, so keep it visible without endangering yourself. If the snake continuously tries to escape, you may have to push it into a corner with a broom or shovel.
- Call professionals. Unless you’re already equipped with thick gloves and knowledge about how to best handle snakes, you should probably reach out to an animal removal company to take the snake away.
- Try to snake-proof your house to avoid a repeat incident. You can do this by sprinkling snake repellants outside, trimming back your landscaping, and sealing up any open holes or cracks in your floors and walls.
In search of an animal removal company that can handle all of your animal problems, from snake invasions to nesting birds? Contact Trapping USA. Their trained wildlife experts will safely and quickly deal with all of your pest complainants and help you protect your house from further infestations. Call 469-481-6552 (Dallas) or 1-844-872-7733 (Houston) to schedule an appointment or speak to a company representative.Back To Blog